"Irrational thoughts should be followed absolutely and logically." - Sol Lewitt
Preferably riding a sea monster.

9.30.2009

Lab 3 - Electronics Lab

I put together my DC power jack and I hooked up the jack and what I think is a voltage regulator to to my breadboard.





















I plugged the DC jack in to the 12volt power supply. Then I started to smell burning.

I thought, "OMG. What have I done?"

As I was looking around my circuitry, I felt heat coming from the voltage regulator, and when I touched it, it was very hot. I immediately unplugged the power supply, undid my wiring, and discovered that I melted my breadboard.
















Questions:
*Why did this happen?
*How did I do this?

Also, during this exercise, before I realized what I was happening, I was using the multimeter to try and check an LED on the board, and no reading was coming through. Why?

Still figuring it out.

No comments: